Wednesday 2 July 2014

It's a blank!!!

I don't know about you, but sometimes I have days were nothing comes to mind. I can sit surrounded by the most amazing research from all over the world, and nothing! I stare vacantly at the computer wishing for some divine inspiration and it just doesn't materialize. So after some thought, I have decided to take a day a week, preferably a Friday, (so as to ease myself into the weekend)and begin a sort of journal. I say sort of journal, but it will really be a collection of individual pages, as like most artists, if I make a mistake the thought of ruining a gorgeous book is just not on, so at least this way, I have control... (and yes! I am a bit of a control freak were my artwork is concerned).

Not the most inspirational thing, I hear you cry, but for someone who has never created an arty book of thoughts,(DAH!), feelings, (HMMM!)techniques and general experimentation,(OH! AH!) it's quite a big thing.I generally work straight onto the computer or start with a very simple sketch which I scan in.... There is no real record of my thought process.... ( Maybe I don't think??) HE! HE!

So stay tuned for my therapeutic journey back to creativity.....

Day 1.... Blank white page!!! Scary!!!

So I just doodle.... (Yes, I know it's not Friday, but I felt like doodling, and someone, somewhere, said "A little of what you fancy does you good")


Funny Suddenly I feel inspired....