Thursday 7 January 2016

And here we are ....

It's the start of a new year and I am really looking forward to the months ahead of creating artwork.

Over the holiday period I've been busy experimenting....

Got myself some modern lino panels and a cutting kit and did my first lino cut since I was 12......


And then it took me 3 attempts to print something that I was happy with......


I love all the little gritty bits, I used black acrylic as it was all I had, really need to go and get some proper printing inks.

Then I treated myself to a Learn how to paint flowers in watercolour, by artist Julie King and I did my first exercise below......



Have to say, can't believe I left it so long to really get into watercolour, I was afraid of it as a medium and now that I've started, I love it, and don't really know what I was scared of!


And then I did another exercise, this one took the whole day, but I really enjoyed it so much.

Then I wanted to do one that wasn't someone's exercise so I started to draw out my own design.....



There is a strong folklore trend so I am developing that idea....


And the finished piece, so enjoyed doing this.....


All artwork is ©andrea turk


And with that I did a mixed media piece......

But weirdly enough I didn't like it, so I did a zen tangle one, which I much prefer.....



Hope that it is a prosperous year for us all!!!